NCD Synergies is a Partners In Health project that works closely with many like-minded individuals and organizations. We acknowledge the dedication, leadership, and collaboration from our team of partners and supporters below.
Global Health Delivery Partnership
The Global Health Delivery Partnership (GHDP) is composed of Partners In Health, Harvard Medical School, and Brigham & Women’s Hospital, with a mission to bring modern medicine to those most in need.
As a Partners In Health project, NCD Synergies collaborates with:
- Partners In Health leadership and sites around the world
- Department for Global Health and Social Medicine at Harvard Medical School, which hosts the Program in Global NCDs and Social Change
- Division of Global Health Equity (DGHE) at Brigham & Women’s Hospital
NCDI Poverty Initiatives
The NCD Synergies project at Partners In Health works closely with the secretariat for the Lancet Commission on Reframing NCDs and Injuries for the Poorest Billion (NCDI Poverty), based at Harvard Medical School.
In addition to support to global NCDI Poverty research and policy efforts, NCD Synergies helps to coordinate National NCDI Poverty Commissions and Groups in eleven countries, including collaborations with ministries of health and other national stakeholders in:
- Eastern and Southern Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania
- South Asia: Afghanistan, India, Nepal
- Latin America and West Africa: Haiti, Liberia
NCD Synergies also supports Partners In Health NCD programming across our sites — including Rwanda, Haiti, Liberia, and Malawi — and dialogues regularly with leaders in ministries of health and implementing organizations.
In addition to formal partnerships, NCD Synergies works with many like-minded organizations to bring attention to the noncommunicable diseases and injuries of the poorest. They include:
- NCD Roundtable
- Women and NCDs Taskforce
- Global Health Council
- African Federation for Emergency Medicine
- Pan-African Society of Cardiology
PIH receives support from individual donors, The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, and the Inter-American Development Bank to make the NCD Synergies project possible.